Monday, November 15, 2010

What are the odds . . .

. . . that not only one, but both of my school-age children would be honored in the same school year for their writing?  I found out from Isabella's teacher a couple of weeks ago that an essay she wrote about a field trip had been singled out to be recognized for a writing event in the Escondido public schools.  So, imagine my surprise last Friday when I came to pick up the girls and find out that Selah, as well, is being recognized out of all the kindergartners for her writing.  As it turns out, the school district holds an event during the school year in which 1 child from each grade at each school in the district is honored for their writing.  An invitation was sent home with the girls inviting us to this event, "Best of the Best 2010: Young Authors Writing Celebration".  As a mom, I have always just been so pleased that my children enjoy school and have not struggled academically, thus making this part of parenting much easier.  But, I must say that I am more than a little pleased that my girls are also excelling in this area of academics; it does make my mother's heart feel full with the joy and satisfaction of seeing my children do their best.  So, congrats to Isabella and Selah at a job well done!  This Mama is proud of you!

P.S.  Thanks to Isabella and Selah's 2nd grade and kindergarten teachers for always going above and beyond in your classrooms and with your students!

No comments:

Post a Comment