Monday, November 1, 2010

Tricks and Treats


Trick:  Maneuvering an 80 + lb. pumpkin into a wheelbarrow with my mom at the pumpkin patch and into the back of the minivan, and watching my hubby carry said pumpkin into the house while I balanced it for him without having it fall and break.

Treat:  Having a very large, beautiful pumpkin in our house that only cost a total of $10.00 and will produce more pumpkin for cooking and baking than we will know what to do with.  The girls have named the pumpkin "Big Fred Sam Garcia".


Trick:  Livia, my 2-year-old, refusing to wear her Halloween costume for trick or treating last night.

Treat:  Livia having already donned the costume briefly for Mommy so that I could take pictures of the girls in costume before leaving the house.


Trick:  Isabella and Selah not closing the door to the house properly on the way to get in the car before leaving to trick or treat.  Consequently, the dog escaped down the street and hubby (Mexican cowboy for the evening) had to run after her like a mad man (she likes having us look like the village idiot, dashing down the street after her and then running her back home with a grin on her face - I'm imagining a scene from "Marley and Me" as I write this)

Treat:  Receiving sweet puppy kisses upon our arrival back at home.


Trick:  Having too much candy in the house which is bad for our teeth and Mommy's waistline (I'll be gleaning to reduce the amount soon enough).

Treat:  Having lots of candy around for awhile so Mommy can choose her favorites from the bunch - especially that full-size Butterfinger in Livia's bag (my favorite; and she's 2, she doesn't need something that big, right?)

2 comments:

  1. love it! justin wants to see pics of augustus the caballero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully we have one since he was the one running around with the camera that whole time. But, I think Justin would have approved.

    ReplyDelete