Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Delectable Delight

Are you looking for a dessert that is easy to make, tastes great, turns out every time, and is a good choice for when you have guest over?  This is just the sort of recipe that I am always on the look-out for and love to make.  A few years ago, I started to receive a free food magazine from Kraft Foods that, of course, shamelessly promoted their own products, but also included many easy and tasty recipes for every day cooking.  It was in one of these magazines that I saw the recipe for the Molten Chocolate Cakes.  Beings this sort of dessert is a hot item on many restaurant menus, I thought that I would try my hand at making these cakes at home.  I'm a huge chocolate fan, so this is right up my ally.  From the first time I made them, until present (just a couple of days ago when guest were over), the recipe has never failed me.  


A few additional tips if you do try this recipe:

-  I like to use greased glass custard dishes or porcelain ramekins for these cakes.

-  I like to use darker chocolate than the semi-sweet that is called for in the recipe.  Nestle Chocolatier Baking Bars are a nice alternative and can be found in the baking aisle of your grocery store.

-  Although these cakes taste good with whipped cream, my personal favorite is to serve them with vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream.  

-  I follow the time in the oven religiously.  I like mine on the gooey side, so I only leave them in the oven for 13:00 minutes; and, cooling in the custard cups 1:00 minute before running the knife around them and inverting them on the dessert bowl/plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment