Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Crime of Fashion



I certainly don't claim to be a fashionista, so I guess it should have come as no surprise to me when I opened October's Ladies' Home Journal to a section entitled, "From The Files Of The Fashion Police", where it quotes both Tim Gunn (Project Runway) and Clinton Kelly (What Not to Wear) sharing their takes on the worst style crimes.  Well, lo and behold, Tim Gunn says concerning Crocs: "I can't imagine a more aesthetically offensive item of footwear.  That little strap!  I shudder."  It would seem that, I, a stay-at-home Mom whose primary fashion concern is comfort, at least most days, have committed a rather egregious fashion mistake.  I shudder to even think of what Clint and Stacy would say if they had a look inside my closet.  Oh well (as my 2-year-old would say)!  I think the Crocs are here to stay for the present, and I'm not going to apologize for it.  Even the First Lady has a teal pair of Crocs that she wears out in public and she is an up-and-coming fashion icon, it would seem.  So it would seem that I'm in good company, after all.    



No comments:

Post a Comment