Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finding Inspiration during a Less-than-inspiring Week

This week has been one of sick kids, rainy & chilly days, multiple loads of laundry each day, and house cleaning.  It hasn't been a bad week, but not extremely inspirational either.  So, when I saw this quote on a friend's facebook status, it helped me to re-focus and was a source of inspiration especially in the area of what others may or may not think about me.  This quote has been attributed to Mother Teresa although it actually seems to be her modified version of a similiar composition by Keith Kent.  Either way, I think it is good.  

  People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  Forgive them anyway.
            If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.
            If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.  Succeed anyway.
           If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.  Be honest and sincere anyway.
            What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.  Create anyway.
            If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
            The good you do today, will often be forgotten.  Do good anyway.
         Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
         In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa


Another quote by Mother Teresa that I saw just yesterday as I was looking at the motherteresa.org website was this:
      - "[Jesus] will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His  love than in your weakness." -Mother Teresa  (http://www.motherteresa.org/layout.html)

This week I have certainly had my share of weakness, exhaustion, and feeling like what I had was not enough and I know that He is the one that has gotten me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment