Thursday, March 10, 2011

2011, the year for Handmade Gifts

At the beginning of January, I started to see a few people on facebook posting a status post that said this, "Pay it Forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They must in turn post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status. *The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011."  I thought the idea was pretty cool, but didn't really want to commit to sending my own 5 items out during the year.  What if I didn't get them done by the end of 2011 or if the recipient didn't like the item that I made for them?  Then, I read a friend's blog post on the subject and changed my mind.  


I like to be crafty and make things for others, so why not take the challenge and go for it!  I posted the status on my facebook account and no one responded, so I made up my own list instead starting with my daughter #2 (a belated birthday gift) and "exchanging" pay if forwards with a couple of facebook friends that didn't get very many responses either (the friend above included).  I also plan on doing at least one handmade item that I can donate (hopefully a baby blanket to a local NICU since #2 received one on her stay as a newborn and I know how much it meant to us).  

Here are the results of my first pay-it-forward, handmade gift for 2011.  

1 comment:

  1. i love it! looks great and i'm sure she loves them :) can't wait for my gift!

    ReplyDelete