Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Product that Really Works in a Pinch

For any of you out there that are still changing diapers (many of you remember this quite well, too, I'm sure) out there, as I am, here is a little tip that I picked up from a friend of mine many years ago and saves me in a pinch.  On occasion, one of my girls has gotten/still gets a really bad poopie in their diaper that either seems really sour or just plain burns their poor, little bottom due to whatever combination of food they had recently.  And as is apt to happen, I from time to time and caught without my favorite diaper rash cream, ointment, or baby powder.  In this bad diaper situation, I give a loud yell to whomever is within earshot to run for the box of cornstarch.  After a good clean-up, I liberally dump cornstarch into the diaper and close it up quickly.  The cornstarch really seems to quickly absorb whatever "bad stuff" is hurting the poor, little tushy.  Not that it will completely clear up a problem area every time, but it definitely helps and is a life-saver in a pinch. 
Thanks, Rachel Antrim, for this great tip so many years ago when we both had our first babies around the same time; I've learned a lot from you and you are an inspiration as a mother and woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment