Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My "Baby" Is Blogging

At the beginning of this summer, #1, our oldest, was asked by my hubby to write down her thoughts and feelings during a conflict with us, her parents.  She is a naturally verbose child and loves to reason with us when given the opportunity (a good quality for the future, I believe, but a challenge at the moment while parenting her).  So, my hubby suggested that Isabella start her own blog for the fun of it.  Yesterday, we finally sat down together and set it up.  This may seem an odd choice for a use of technology for a child, but I would rather have her blog and thereby advance her writing and thinking skills rather than play computer games, of which personally I am not a huge fan.  Isabella's blog is going to be entirely her own (under supervision, of course).  Already I have been gently reminded that I can't be the one to make choices about how her blog looks or what goes on it, stylistically speaking.  And if she is going to be truly creative and expressive, then I really will have to keep my nose out of it.  I don't think this will be all that difficult considering the fact that pretty much anything my children create using their own imaginations is usually 10 times better than any project I could have thought up for them on my own.  Here is the link to my oldest "baby's" blog if you want to check it out.  It'll be fun to see what she does with!

Isabella's blog - http://dramapenguin.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! i love the name :) she is so creative and i look forward to reading her posts...

    ReplyDelete