Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our week of birthdays

Of our 5 daughters, 3 have birthdays in July and these three birthdays are all nearly within a week of each other (8 days to be exact).  It starts on the 4th with Arianna, then comes to Isabella on the 7th, and ends on the 12th with Livia.  Other parents have always told me that time seems to move more quickly all the time as your children grow older and I couldn't agree more as I see the evolution of our family.  #1 turned 8 this year and we took her to get her ears pierced as one of her presents.  She wanted it done in the past, but hadn't built up the courage to actually go and have them pierced, but this year was different.  She is reaching a new level of grown-up and I'm invisioning the tween years looming before us already.  #3, who my hubby insisted upon having her on the 4th instead of the 3rd for our scheduled C-section, is truly our firecracker.  The 4th of July couldn't be a more apt birthday for her - she is full of life, zest, independence, and is a little free spirit.  And my sweet, little #4 turned 3 today.  She is now passing from toddlerhood onto the preschool years and changing so quickly everyday from baby to little girl that it astonishes me.  And yet, she always has time to stop and give her parents a big hug and kiss and snuggle right up.  So, a big "Happy Birthday" to my girls, and a thanks to God for giving me these wonderful and sweet blessings in July of '03, '06, and '08! 
Our 4th of July baby.

8 going on 16.  :-)

What a little sweetheart!

1 comment: