Thursday, May 17, 2012

Family Party Time





I must say, my hubby outdid himself once again.  Even after a long day at work and 2 days left until the weekend, he pulled a fun, family birthday party off for me with all of his usual charisma and enthusiasm for a fun time together.  I think that one of his best ideas was bringing home a couple of bags of balloons for the girls which provided hours of entertainment (don't worry, all the popped balloon pieces were closely monitored and picked up promptly to keep them from the 2-year-old and dog).  Augustus put on some good tunes, the girls played "keep as many balloons in the air at once as possible" while intermittently dancing, and we all enjoyed a  delicious dinner which I did not need to lift a finger to bring about (one of the best parts of either Mother's Day and my birthday for me).  We had French bread and butter, grilled cajun shrimp kabobs, grilled asparagus, steaks, and a delicious finish with a double fudge cake and Bordeaux cherry ice cream (a delicious combo).  It is during these sweet times when I really see our family coming together in joy and celebration that my heart is full to bursting as seeing all the blessings God has given me in my life.  Another really sweet moment, was yesterday morning when I woke up early with my hubby and Little D wanted to get up, too.  I brought her downstairs with me and she curled up in a little ball in my lap with her blanket and just wanted to snuggle.  Now that she is a toddler (2), she is active so much of the time and doesn't stop that often just to sit with me, so it was a definite birthday gift to just get to hold my "baby" and sit quietly for a few moments together.





The photos are all courtesy of my multi-talented hubby who actually knows how to use our camera.

2 comments:

  1. love the pictures & imagining this fun filled night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What sweet fun! I'm glad you were celebrated, and that you have such a lovely family to celebrate with you. Love the pics! (and jealous of the food!)

    ReplyDelete