Friday, January 6, 2012

Recent Moments of Hilarity

We were in Target a few weeks before Christmas and the girls asked what we were buying.  I rattled off a list that included toiletries.  Isabella then asked me what exactly toiletries were.  After I explained it, she said, "Oh, I thought you were talking about Toilet Trees."  Of course, this threw me into fits of laughter just imagining such a thing.  Apparently she was imagining a tree on which toilets just grow for individual use, kind of like the old explanation money not growing on trees given by our parents.  I love that her 8-year-old imagination still runs wild!

We were riding in the care not too many days later and talking about the kind of cake Selah would like for her birthday in January when she told me, "I don't really like the frosting on cakes from the store.  It tastes like it has ear wax in it, to me."  Ah, even the palette of a 6-year-old can detect the shortening in store bought frosting as opposed to butter, half-n-half, and powdered sugar in Mommy's homemade frosting.

And finally, another quote from #2, again . . . Selah, completely deadpan, the only child still awake in the van later in the night on the way home  - "Mom, I really think you need to stop at Starbucks and get me some coffee so I can stay awake."   What???

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for posting these, Karlie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! As I'm sure you experience too, kids say the funniest things and sometimes I just have to write them down before I forget so that one day I can go back and have a good laugh.

      Delete