Monday, January 9, 2012

My Knitting/Crocheting Bug

I've enjoyed knitting and crocheting off and on over the years; mind you, I don't really do patterns or anything complicated, but I enjoy making simple projects, nonetheless.  I made each of my girls a baby blanket when I was pregnant with them and they call their blankets, "special blankies".  It's special watching them love and use their blankets so much!  I've been wanting to make beanies, but just hadn't given it a shot.  Talking with a friend recently, she suggested I try winging it on making a beanie or two since I am not the best at following patterns - I guess I'm just a little more free-spirited in my yarn projects.  So, over the Christmas break in Oregon, I brought along a sewing bag of supplies and tried my hand at a few beanies for the kids.  I had a lot of fun, am learning along the way, and the kids are pleased with the results, too!  So, it's a win-win situation all the way around.
She loves striking a pose!

I used the same yarn from her "special" blankie that she loves so much.

This one turned out to be a little more of a slouchy beanie on top.

Pretty cute!
The other beanie I made was for my oldest with wool and I lined it with fleece because the wool is itchy.  We went to Walmart and found some cute buttons - she chose one that says "Be Happy" and is affixed to her hat.  Now, I'm working on matching scarfs.  Fun stuff!

2 comments: