Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Great Rush to Christmas Break

It seems every year, that the week right before Christmas break and the week before the end of school in the spring are the two busiest weeks of the year in our family.  Given that my hubby is a high school teacher, this makes sense; not only are our girls finishing up before the holidays with school work, school Christmas celebrations, and last minute teacher gifts, but then my hubby is also preparing his final exams, finishing up grades, and wrapping up his semester.  So, needless to say, this past week has been quite a whirlwind for us - from our internet being down for a couple of days to my hubby's car breaking down (towed and fuel pump replace, too), then baking 4 dozen cookies for my kindergatener's school cookie exchange, volunteering in my first grader's class for a holiday luncheon, and baking undecorated sugar cookies for my third grader's class party.

Blogging is an activity that I thoroughly enjoy and gives me an outlet of communication with others as I traverse my way through motherhood, but when it comes to the holidays, it has to go by the wayside to some extent.  The joys and pleasures of being with family and spending time together monopolize my time (in the best possible way).  So, between now and the New Year, my posts may be rather infrequent . . . and you'll know I'm off having fun!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment