Friday, November 18, 2011

A little avoidance, a lot of being busy, and some laziness wrapped all in one

Ever since my daughter being in the hospital a couple of weeks ago, despite my best intentions I have not gotten down to blogging as much as I would have like to.  I was in part avoiding my computer and all it entails for awhile; sometimes the demands of technology seem to be many and I need self-imposed mini-breaks throughout the year to just step back and do other things (namely read books).  I've also been a bit lazy about getting on and blogging, just because (and also because I've been a bookworm lately).  And, finally, things are always busy around the holidays.  The week started out with yet another visit to the doctor with #2 because her fever returned not long after finishing up her antibiotics; she had rebounded with an ear infection and is now taking meds again (and I'm fervently praying this is the end of it!).  The, it was off to the doctor for me to get my annual "fair-skinned-girl-mole-removal" done; I've never had anything malignant, but better safe than sorry.  Tuesday was volunteering in #2's classroom for a few hours with Grandpa on duty at home with the little ones, then off to Bible study on Wednesday.  Thursday was grocery shoppping and errands, and today wrapped it up with volunteering in #3's kindergarten classroom for a Thanksgiving feast (with baked drumsticks and veggies in tow).  Now, I have bread in the oven for a church party this evening.  Whew!  I'm tired just recounting it all.  :-)  Thank goodness for a week of Thanksgiving break off from school for the kids.  The question is, does that make it a break for mom, too???

No comments:

Post a Comment