Monday, May 16, 2011

Heading towards my Mid-30's

When I was a youngster, I relished the thought of turning a year older.  I was growing up and could have more responsibility and the priveleges that went along with having another birthday.  This feeling of great excitement over reaching the next year of my life lasted through my late teens and most of my 20's, but as 30 approached I began to feel differently.  To be honest, I wasn't all that excited to turn 30 because I realized that as I started this new decade, I was definitely moving out of the stage of my youth to something more of an in-between age.  It's not that I'm opposed to getting older in essence, but it is more the growing realization that time goes by so quickly and is fleeting.  It seems like the years go by ever increasingly more quickly.  Of course, from a scientific standpoint that is bogus, but I think you know what I mean.  As adults, life is busy and our days are filled.  All of a sudden, my kids are growing up before my eyes, I'm not just 30, but 34 and almost to the middle of the next decade, and I'll have been married for 10 years in July.  I love my life, my family, and all that has happened in our lives over the past years as we've become the family that we are.  I just realize that on this day that I am turning another year older, in my 30's, that I need to not let the little frustrations, crazinessess, and distractions of daily life keep me from enjoying and relishing each new year of my life to the fullest.  So, Happy 34th Birthday to me!  May it be a great year!

Here is a little look back at me in the past few years.  :-)
2003 - (Baby #1 at 26.)

27 years old.

Me at 28 (almost 29), with #2 and pregnant with #3 with a sprained ankle.
At 30, with #3 who was turning 1 year's old.  
Pregnant with #4, out on a date with hubby (31 years old)
32 and in Paris with #4.

33 years old.
Almost 34 (taken this spring).

1 comment:

  1. i think those beautiful girls are keeping you young. you are aging so gracefully :)

    ReplyDelete