Thursday, March 20, 2014

Quick and Easy Vegan Fried Rice

Wow!  It is already March and I'm finally settling down to blog.  With 2 of my girls in a charter school this year that mostly has at-home-work, my days have been more filled than in the past.  That being said, I've been meaning to post one of my favorite easy and tasty meals that has become one of my favorite lunch (and/also supper) dishes to make.  I like fried rice and chow mein, but they aren't usually the healthiest coming from a restaurant, so I decided to make my own at-home version of vegan fried rice. My instructions are approximate because this dish can be made with various ingredients and amounts of ingredients.  You can tinker with it and modify it as needed.  This is a great way to use your left-over rice.




Vegan Fried Rice
 
 
Ingredients:
 


2-3 cups of already cooked brown rice (or white rice)
Olive Oil
Garlic powder
Dried chopped onions (I use Kirkland brand)
Dried Thai chili or chili flakes of choice
Soy Sauce
Salt (if desired)
1 - 1 1/2 c. of chopped green cabbage
1 - 1 1/2 c. of chopped broccoli

Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a large non-stick saute pan.  Saute the broccoli for 4-5  minutes.  Then, add the chopped cabbage, 1-2 teaspoons of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of chopped onions, a small sprinkle of salt, and the desired amount of dried chili.  Saute this for a few more minutes until the cabbage starts to become opaque.  Put the rice and about 1/4 cup of soy sauce in the pan.  Saute and stir every couple of minutes until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, but not overcooking the vegetables.   Serve and enjoy!  I like it best with some Sriracha as garnish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment