Monday, October 7, 2013

Creative Minds

I love how kids' minds are still so creative and imaginative.  Unlike so many adults that have lost a sense of imagination and play, children are less inhibited when it comes to creating things.  As a parent, I want to fully encourage creativity in my children, especially as they are getting older.  Many entrepreneurs and successful people in our world are ones that have been creative and think outside the box.  I want my children to know that making good use of the brain God gave them isn't just through rote memorization and the accumulation of facts, but also and especially through exploring, analyzing, and experiencing the world around them. 

Selah's result of playing with math manipulatives
Selah's person.
 
Arianna, creating her own notecards to send to friends
A flaming soccer ball.
A stenciled duck with added details.
A ninja, with an added "puppy print" (done with fingers and a stamp pad).
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment