Friday, September 28, 2012

Shutterfly Update - Two Thumbs Down to Their Customer Service

Well, I don't want to waste much more time on this topic, but since I put up the previous post, I will give a brief update on what transpired since.  I find it exceedingly frustrating to be offered a "deal" and then find out that the conditions to fulfill that so called "deal" are so frustrating that it turns out to not be worth my time or effort.  Such was the case with this one.  After I used the link from Shutterly to embed the book I made into my blog, I went back looking for the e-mail address that I had seen so that I could send in the link to my blog post.  After talking with a customer service representative from Shutterfly online who had no idea what I was talking about, I ended up calling their customer service phone number.  Can I just say, "complete nightmare!"?  I was literally on hold for 45 minutes just to get an actual human being on the line (don't worry, I didn't waste any time; I just put the cell on speakerphone and went about my usual business while waiting) and then when I finally did get a response, the lady put me back on hold for another 15 minutes so that she could find a manager to ask about my inquiry.  And the not-so-amazing answer to all of this is that the deal was actually through Blogger (or so they say) and was just being offered with Shutterfly on their website after you make a purchase.  At that point, I was so fed up by having even wasted my time to not be helped, that I decided the $10 credit I could receive wasn't worth the effort and I'd stop wasting anymore time on it.  It still irks me, though, that companies will offer "deals" to customers or collaborate with other companies on these "deals" but still have no idea of what it actually is and fail to inform their customer service representatives about it.  Based on this experience, I will need to find some pretty good coupons online before I purchase another item from them again because any product could arrive at my house defective and I wouldn't want to encounter that same customer service situation that I've already experienced.  Snapfish, as I mentioned before, won't combine coupons, but in all my dealings with them and various requests for them to replace items that did not come out with good printing quality, they have always responded with wonderful manners and the attitude that the customers is right - I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment