Thursday, December 16, 2010

And the Fabulously Fun Item of the Day is . . .

. . . a Creatology foam snowmen craft kit.  Which, by the way, I bought last year after Christmas on a deep discount at Michael's.  I thought it was kind of silly last year buying this item and then just putting it away for a year, but imagine my great surprise and delight at finding it buried away in my Christmas items as I was getting them out to decorate this week.  Just what the girls and I needed to add a little additional Christmas pizzaz to our new house while still being in the midst of organizing and unpacking. 

After the girls went to bed, I got the hot glue gun out and and glued the snowmen on a piece of yarn and proceeded to hang up the snowmen garland above the fireplace.  I need to dig out some of my cords and computer items so that I can start uploading pictures again.  When I do, I'll post a picture of this because it's pretty cute - at least I think so.  The nice part about these craft kits is that they are pretty easy to put together, either with hot glue and an adult doing the gluing, or with regular glue and then leaving them to dry overnight.  All the pieces are included, but the kids can get creative and put together the item (a snowman, in this case) the way they want.  My 2-year-old even really got into this project and went gung ho on it.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment